Everyone loves life hacks. Creative and sometimes crazy ideas that help you channel your inner MacGyver and save time and resources. This video on 7 Car Life Hacks by YouTuber Crazy Russian Hacker is a must-see, garnering over 6.2 million views with its fun and clever ideas.
Here are some more car life hacks that will make your life easier:
1. Got a hole in your fuel tank? Use Mentos as a temporary fix. Chew the Mento until it sticks to your teeth. When this happens chew it further to flatten it out. With a rag wipe the area around the leak until it is as dry as possible and then apply the mintie.
2. Need to clean cloudy headlights? Use toothpaste.
3. No cup holder? No problem, use a shoe!
4. Can’t get your registration sticker off? Use wet newspaper.
5. Rip your fingers to shreds trying to put a key on a key ring? Use a staple remover.
6. Picked up pizza for dinner? Use your seat warmer to keep it hot.
7. Bang your doors in the garage wall? Use half a pool noodle. Cut the tube in half and either glue, nail or bolt the tube at the specific height your door meets the wall.
8. Always forgetting where your car is parked? There’s an app for that. iParkedHere is a great app that allows you to input where your car is in an indoor parking lot or outdoor.
9. No paint for small chips and scratches? Use the closest nail polish.
10. Always getting lost? Get a GPS and use less fuel!
11. Hang a tennis ball at the back of your garage roof as a parking guide.
12. Use a plastic cereal container as a trash can
13. Tinted plastic as moveable shade.
14. Hook a mesh bungee to your roof handles for extra storage.
15. Park your car facing east to defrost windscreen in the morning.
16. Use a plunger to remove small dents.
17. De-ice a car door lock with hand sanitizer.
18. Turn your car’s ashtray into a smartphone doc.
19. No cleaning products in site? Use a razor blade to clean your windscreen.
20. Use a sticky pad on your dashboard to keep your gadgets in one place.
21. Hack a cassette adapter to be a Bluetooth adaptor for your phone.
22. Reroute your windshield washer lines into the car and fill with water for drinks on demand.
23. Dual USB power through cigarette lighter.
24. Replace broken fan belt with pantyhose.
25. Boost the range of your car remote by holding it to your head. Tim Pozar, a Silicon Valley radio engineer was asked by the New York Times how this actually works. “You are capacitively coupling the fob to your head. With all the fluids in your head it ends up being a nice conductor. Not a great one, but it works.” Using your head can extend the key’s wireless range by a few car lengths.
26. Feeding your kids on the go? Use a magna doodle as a food tray.